11.24.2009

So thankful...

Since this is a week is all about giving thanks I want to share with all the MANY things that I am thankful for.
First, I am thankful for my Savior who is there for me when I need Him. In times when I have struggled or felt alone He was just a prayer away. He has given me great amounts of love, comfort and peace over the last several years and I am so thankful that I know Him and have the gospel in my life.
Second, I am thankful for the most wonderful husband a girl could ever dream of. He has been there for me and stuck with me in the many trials we have had over the last eight years. He is a wonderful example to me of offering service to his family and loved ones. He has been so supportive and willing to do anything to be able to let me be home with our beautiful daughter. I am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion.
Third, I am grateful for my precious daughter, Madi. The only thing I wanted to do my whole life was grow up, get married, have babies and stay home with my kids. Heavenly Father must have known that for me to truly appreciate motherhood I was gonna have to wait a few years. :) I feel like I am living a dream. Madi is such a sweet baby and I will forever be thankful to her birthmom, Mindy, for choosing us to be her parents.
Fourth, I am grateful for our home. We have a warm place to live and food on the table. We have such a great ward and are blessed to be here.
Fifth, I am grateful for my parents and Derrick's parents. They have taught us so much and sacrificed for many years on our behalf. I am so glad that we are able to be close to mom and dad Hawkins and wish my mom was closer (or that we were rich and could fly to Texas whenever we wanted :D).
Sixth, I am grateful for brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, grandparents, friends and all the other loved ones that have taught me and influenced my life in so many ways.
My list could go on forever but I will stop at these. I hope that as the week continues that everyone can take a minute to think of all they have been blessed with and thank our Heavenly Father for the many blessings we all have. I hope you have a happy, safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment