12.14.2010

CrAZy bUsy...

We had a SUPER busy weekend but it was a great one!  Saturday we spent the day with Mindy and then took Madi to the Mayan.  She LOVED to divers and the atmosphere.  Derrick and I remembered why we hadn't taken her there yet... we don't like their food.  It was fun to watch Madi though so it was worth it I guess.  We want to take her to the Rain Forest Cafe.  She would go NUTS there! 
After the Mayan we headed to Orem for the annual Baum Family Christmas party.  It was great to see everyone.  We had to leave before Santa came and I was bummed about that but my cousin got married Saturday so we went to her reception.  She looked amazing!  I didn't get a picture of her and I wish I had.  It was a little weird to think she is old enough to be married because I can remember babysitting her as a baby.  Man I feel OLD! 
 We spent the night at Christopher and Annie's.  We always have fun with them and enjoy the time we are able to spend with them.  Early Sunday morning we drove to Payson for the blessing of my newest cousin, Ava.  And, I failed to get a picture of her too.  (What a slacker am I?!?!) 
 Madi was BEYOND exhausted and had a complete meltdown but still refused to nap.  She loved the piano, even though they were off. 
After a brunch we decided it was time to head.  We got in the car and Madi cried for about 30 seconds and then she was OUT!  The poor kid was drug around all weekend and was just so tired.  We stopped to see Tiffany's place, dropped Chris and Annie off and then headed home just in time to get to tithing settlement.  After that came the home teachers and after that... we finally got to sit down and breathe! 
We had a wonderful weekend full of family and friends and we are glad for the time we had to spend with them.  I love the holiday season and that it allows "excuses" to see our wonderful family that live so close but yet so far.  We wish we were closer to everyone down there and that we were able to visit more often.  We are excited for Nicholas and his family to get here and that we get to spend some time with them over the holidays.  We have really missed them since they moved to WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment