6.23.2011

What's happnin'...

Well, we have had a very eventful day so I thought I would update you all at the same time on what is going on with us.

Easton went in for his two month checkup today. He weighs 11 lbs. and is 23" long which is the 50th percentile for both. He is growing well and healing from his circumcision. The only thing that we are worried about is one of his testicles was HUGE compared to the other. The doctor said he has hydracel which is a fluid filled sac around the testicle. He said it isn't anything to be super worried about but he does want me to take him the a pediatric urologist just to be sure there is nothing else. He also went to the ENT today and he has fluid behind his ears which is why he has been failing the hearing tests. So, they don't think he has any permanent hearing loss. They don't do tubes until they are three months old so I take him back on the 11th of July and if he still has fluid (they think he still will) he will need to get tubes. He is starting to hold his head up pretty good. He still wakes up once a night to eat but I can't complain about that. He did great with his shots. He smiles a lot and coos and laughed for the first time yesterday. He has almost outgrown his newborn clothes. 0-3 still look big though. He is so cute and LOVES Madi. He smiles so big when she plays with him.

Madi also went to the ENT today. She has an ear infection. Both her tubes are in her ear canals. They think her tubes got plugged and the pressure popped them out. She also has fluid behind her ears. If she still does when I take them back on the 11th, she will be getting tubes again. That is kind of what the doctor is thinking. She is usually a pretty good helper but has proved to resist punishment. She asks to put herself in the corner or if I ask her she claps her hands and says "yea, corner!" I have started having her sit on her bed and that seems to be working since she HATES being alone. She cries when we drop her off at nursery but absolutely LOVES it. She talks about and gets excited when we get to church. She wants to sing primary songs ALL DAY LONG! She LOVES music and is singing or wants to watch a musical or movie with lots of singing. She knows how to turn on our radio and switch it from am/fm to CD and even knows how to change the CD to hers. She likes the Mamma Mia soundtrack and asks me to sing "Money, money, money" by ABBA all the time. She walks around the house on her tip toes and wants to be in the water any chance she gets. She LOVES her pool and playing in the bath. She doesn't even mind the freezing cold water from the hose, she just hops right in. She adores her friend Guire and his little brother Nash and talks about them several times a day. She is usually so sweet to Easton. She still gets upset when he cries but I can tell her that doesn't help and she will either hold his hand or hug him and say "oh, honey" in a sympathetic voice over and over. (I must call him honey alot.) She likes to cook and always wants to help and know what we are doing. she has started to really like the Disney Princesses, especially Ariel, but Tinkerbell is still her favorite.

As for me, I am still in the primary presidency and I love those little kids in there. I feel like I am not a good enough teacher for them and struggle to know how to teach them how important the Gospel is. I worry that I will teach it wrong or they won't listen or realize what an impact it can have on their lives. It is so important for them to learn it now! They are such amazing little kids and so sweet to be with. I really enjoy seeing them each Sunday and hope that they will learn something from me. I have started watching a little girl that is two weeks older than Madi. It is my friends girl, Kaitlyn. It is fun for Madi to have more friends.

Derrick was released from the Elder's Quorum Presidency almost two months ago and doesn't have a new calling yet. He wants one though. He is still working on becoming A+ certified but doesn't have any interest in it at all so it is hard for him. We have already paid for the training and test though so he is going to get it anyway. He likes his job and looks forward to learning and progressing with the company, making management his career goal with Admiral Beverages (the parent company). He is amazing and always such a great dad and husband.

I am so grateful that he is a M-F, off at 5:00 kind of guy because that is something I always wanted for my husband and kids since I rarely saw my dad. I love that he can be involved with them and they can have the consistency of him being there for them. I am grateful to be able to be home with our children and to teach them and help them as they learn and grow. I love the example Derrick sets for me and our kids of sacrifice and serving. He is one that never has to be asked and is always willing to help. He is a quiet guy but is always thinking about others and how he can help them, especially his family. I love my little family and am so blessed to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment