8.31.2011

Ever have a day like that???

Yesterday was one of those days.  You know, the kind that you just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over your head.  I am not sure why but I woke up and felt like I was in a rut.  My floor was half mopped and I had no motivation to finish it or clean anything else for that matter.  Easton is teething and is whiny.  Every time I started to clean, Madi followed me around making a bigger mess.  When I asked her to do something or help or NOT do something she would yell "ROCK ON" and go about her business, ignoring my request.  By noon I was sitting in our rocking chair with my two babies, bawling, while I read them I'll Love You Forever.  I decided I had to get up and do something to get out of whatever funk I was in.  Nothing helps me relax and stay sane better Derrick and crafting.  Since Derrick wasn't an option I went straight to the craft room.
Derrick has been spoiling me daily as my birthday nears.  Since I am turning the big 30 he is counting down to the day with an I love you because... and a gift to match for each of the 30 days before my birthday.  One of those sweet notes read "I love you because... you have many talents and you add 'a little something' to our house to make it a home."  With it came the August ornament collection from the Wood Connection.  I had a brilliant idea to make some ants out of seed beads and went to work finishing my craft.
Here is my sunflower...
and my crow...
and my watermelon...
and my favorite... my picnic basket.
I spent the most time on this one.  I wanted it to LOOK like a basket.  I braided raffia around wire for the handles and tried to make my ants just right.  The seed beads didn't work.  They kept falling apart.  I think the surface was too smooth and they were too small.  In the end I had to get creative and I made them out of a black hot glue stick I had in the closet.  They aren't perfect but I love them! 
It was the perfect thing to help me cheer up a little.  Got the floor mopped, cushions, pillows, slip covers and swing liner washed, dried and put back on. Madi's room cleaned, dusted and vacuumed. Bedding washed in our room, dishwasher loaded and a few other things I had been needing to take care of.  I love crafts and love that my sweet hubby supports my habit!

2 comments:

  1. I think women take a lot of satisfaction in creating things. It just gives us a good feeling and sense of accomplishment. I head to the sewing machine when I need a pick me up. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I forgot to mention that I LOVE the watermelon and picnic basket! The ants look awesome! So talented!

    ReplyDelete